Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cow Stuff: Feeding in the Cold


I'm so lucky! I recently had a visit from my Mom and Dad and one of the best parts was that Dad was able to stay for over a month! His timing was perfect, not that any time isn't a wonderful time for a visit :) As I mentioned in an earlier post, we are in the middle of a very involved house renovation and it is calving season! Lots to do to say the least. Well we put Mike to work and work he did. His first job of the day was always to go out and feed the 2 year-olds. During his stay he was able to follow most of them through pre-partum, calving and see them as proud new mamas. I followed him out on his last morning here to snap a few shots and it just happened to be one of the coldest mornings of his stay, naturally!
















So unfortunately we are short one very good cow hand... any volunteers???

2 comments:

bethany said...

Love these! Spring will be here... soon!

Anonymous said...

Great shots! I'll pass on the ranch hand job but hey! Thanks!

I posted a picture of cows eating, kind of a fun twist on a food blog. Check it out if you have the time.

I bloglines your blog and love when you have pictures posted.